For various industrial environments, weight is considered as one of the most fundamental parameters. Inaccurate weighing can lead to significant financial loss for most industrial commodities as many industrial goods are purchased as well as sold based on their weight. Moreover, weighing scales are necessary to comply with regulations, avoid overloading of vehicles and eliminate factors which can potentially disrupt the supply chain.
Warehouse facilities often handle many types of industrial goods. In order to achieve optimum operational efficiency, these facilities need accurate data of goods they are handling. Therefore warehouses use various types of weighing scales that best suit their operational requirements.
Among all other weighing instruments, platform scales are widely used in warehouses. These scales are preferred as these are simple to use, weighing on these scales is much easier and are suitable for weighing a variety of objects. Platform scales are known to provide accurate and precise results in most challenging locations and conditions, making them most reliable to use. These scales are capable of handling goods in airline transit, commercial laundry, recycling, hazardous waste handling and management, also a range of manufacturing processes and many others.
With the advancement of technology modern platform weighing scales are equipped with accurate load cells, LCD displays and can be easily connected to printers etc. as well for printing the recorded readings, generate invoices and keep track of volumes of data.
Initially, it may seem easy to choose a weighing scale for your business. But there are lots of platform weighing scales available in the market. Choosing one scale that perfectly satisfies your business’s requirements can be a daunting task. In order to select an appropriate scale, the first factor to consider is its loading capacity. If a business deals with only large size industrial goods, then it would be beneficial to invest in a high capacity platform weighing scale. Selecting a weighing scale based on such criteria can significantly cut down on your cost and will help you in avoiding unnecessary spending.
Next criteria for scale selection would be the size of the platform. If a warehouse has a requirement of weighing small items but in large quantities and heavier weighing batches and additionally weighing scales needs to be moved around frequently, then pick a scale with the comparatively smaller platform.
Another important criterion to consider is weight indicators and other supporting features. If you weigh livestock, animals then easy loading platform will prove to be an advantage. Such scales are considered as worth the investment.
Platform scales are versatile as they are found to be useful across various industries. These weighing scales are made of stainless steel with a diamond plate surface provided for extra grip and are available in various sizes. These scales are sturdy, have a high capacity which can be paired with indicators. These indicators allow users to perform a function like counting, check weighing etc.
Today mechanical platform scales and digital platform scales both are available in the market. While digital scales might come at a higher price point, the accuracy digital scales provide is irreplaceable. Digital platform scales eliminate all the disadvantages of a mechanical scale. Furthermore, the digital scale provides a few advanced and new features which were absent in mechanical scales, making digital scales far more superior than their mechanical counterparts.
1. Accuracy: warehouses need to comply with trade regulations and industry regulations. Therefore these scales weigh in an increment of 0.2kg, enabling it to produce fairly accurate results. Meanwhile, warehouse floor scales generally have a capacity of 5,000lb capacity and count in increments of 1bl. Accurate weighing results not only help in complying with regulations but also helps in maintaining the quality of the end product.
2. Durability: Platform scales are capable of weighing heavy loads as well as bulky items. Additionally, they perform exceptionally well in diverse environments without any difficulty. These are usually made of high-quality stainless steel and can measure a large batch of industrial goods as well as other inventory materials.
3. Multi-functional: These scales are used in various manufacturing settings to weigh smaller objects in large quantities. Platform weighing scales are also preferred by veterinarians to weigh livestock. These scales are also found to be useful in weighing luggage items at airports.
4. Suitable for weighing large loads: These weighing scales have large surface plate area, suitable for weighing heavy and large size items. These scales are available in variable sizes, also can be customized according to the warehouse’s requirements.
5. Versatile: It is easier and quicker to load as well as unload goods off this scale. Modern industrial scales often have in-built LCD displays making it easier to record the reading. Moreover, functions such as counting parts, in-motion check weighing can also be performed with this type of scale. Platform scales can be optimized according to different types of industrial environments where weighing with accuracy and speed is part of the process.
6. Safety: In international trade of goods and other commodities it is an absolute must to comply with various rules and regulations regarding safety weight limits. Failing to comply with regulations may lead to heavy penalties. Additionally, safety regulations also include guidelines regarding the overloading of vehicles. Vehicles which exceed this load-bearing limits not only become unstable for transport but they create a significant threat to other vehicles as well. For such reasons warehouses need accurately measuring and trade approved platform scales.
7. Printing output: A few selective platform scales facilitate users to connect printers directly to the weighing scale. This feature helps in printing the recorded reading and avoids manual labour of writing down each reading.
8. Sustain harsh conditions: As these scales have stainless steel surface, they can withstand harsh industrial condition such as fluctuating temperatures, oil or water spillage and frequent loading-unloading of heavy industrial goods.
Therefore today warehouses are presented with multiple choices and they can choose weighing scale based on their business requirements and ultimately improve overall business operations.